Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Waiting On' Wednesday"

I'll have to admit that I haven't read any of Susan Page Davis's other books, but the description for this first book in her new 'Ladies Shooting Club' series has me hooked. What do you think?



About The Sheriff's Surrender:

Join the sassy ladies of Fergus, Idaho, as they protect their town in this quirky historical by award-winning author Susan Page Davis. A crime spree has divided the men in town, so the Gert Dooley form’s the Ladies’ Shooting Club to protect their businesses, homes, and families. But when one of their members is murdered, will these feisty gals have what it takes to find the killer before he strikes again? Will the new sheriff put the club out of work, or will his surrender his heart to one crack shot lady?

It's published by Barbour Publishing and is set for release in December 2009.

Find out more on the web:
Susan Page Davis
Barbour Publishing


"Waiting On' Wednesdays" is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. So join in - what are you Waiting On?

4 comments:

Merry said...

Susan Page Davis is an awesome writer, I enjoy all her books. The Fraiser Island series is really great.
I look forward to this new title!

Susan Page Davis said...

Wow, thanks, "mez" and also to Jenny for posting this. I am having an absolute blast writing the Ladies' Shooting Club series. (now working on book 2). I just returned from a trip to Idaho, where my eldest daughter lives, and we went on a research trip together, into the mountains of the Owyhee Valley, where the books are set. We visited the "ghost town" of Silver City, which you can only get to in summer. I learned SO much about those isolated mining towns. AND I got to cuddle grandchildren--my favorite kind of trip.
Susan

CeeCee said...

I love books about feisty women! Sounds good to me.

Jenny said...

Thanks for the comments ladies.

I'll have to check out the Frasier Island series, mez.

I love books about 'fiesty' women, too, CeeCee! *grin*

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Susan. Sounds like an interesting research trip. And who can pass up spending time with family...especially ones you can cuddle. *smile*