Monday, December 22, 2008

Fall into Reading Wrap-up



Well, another reading challenge has come and gone, and I have successfully completed my original list (see below). Yippee!

The Longing by Beverly Lewis
Home Another Way by Christa Parrish
*The Rook by Steven James
*Bon Appetit by Sandra Byrd

Get Cozy, Josey by Susan May Warren
Out of Her Hands by Megan DiMaria

Since it is election season...

America the Beautiful by Laura Hayden
*The Election by Jerome Teel
The Candidate by Susan Wales and Robin Shope


Christmas themed books...

let them eat fruitcake by Melody Carlson
Jamaican Me Crazy by Debbie DiGiovanni
An Irish Christmas by Melody Carlson
*Engaging Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn
White Christmas Pie by Wanda Brunstetter


Bonus Books...

The Faith of Barack Obama by Stephen Mansfield
Romancing Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson
Goodbye Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson
Mixed Bags by Melody Carlson
Sarah Palin * A New Kind of Leader by Joe Hilley
Plain Perfect by Beth Wiseman
My Mothers Wish by Jerry Camery-Hoggatt
*The Paper Bag Christmas by Kevin Alan Milne
Dear Nancy by Nancy Rue
Lucy Doesn't Wear Pink by Nancy Rue
All I Have to Give by Melody Carlson
Liberty Letters: Attack at Pearl Harbor by Nancy LeSourd
Matt Hoover's Guide to Life, Love, and Losing Weight by Matt Hoover
The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck


Now for the wrap-up:

Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not?

Yes, I finished my whole list, and also read an additional 14 books as well.

Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along?

I did stick to my original list - just added extra books in the end.

What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why?

Didn't have a single favorite - I starred the ones above that I enjoyed the most. As far as least favorite, I didn't have one. There were a few that took me a little longer to get through, but I think that was due to the fact that I have been pretty busy and I was having to read a snippet here and there and really couldn't get as engrossed in each book that I wanted to.

Did you discover a new author or genre this fall? Did you love them? Not love them?

I've had the books by Steven James and Jerome Teel on my shelf for a while and decided to add them to my list. I really enjoyed both of these authors and look forward to reading more from them.

Did you learn something new because of the Fall Into Reading challenge — something about reading, or yourself, or a topic you read about?

I didn't really learn anything new about myself or reading, but I did enjoy reading the books with a political bent this election season, and seeing the behind the scenes working of campaigns and politics.

What was your favorite thing about the Fall Into Reading challenge? Would you like to participate in another challenge here this spring?

I enjoyed focusing on and achieving my goal - and getting some books off my shelf that I can pass along to others. I'm *definitely* looking forward to the spring challenge.

Thanks again to Katrina for getting us all together to challenge ourselves and encourage each other in one of our favorite pasttimes...reading. See ya'll next spring!

2 comments:

SmilingSally said...

You did a great job, Becky. Here's my post for the wrap-up.
http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/2008/12/fall-into-reading-2008-wrap-up.html

Just Mom said...

Congratulations on what you accomplished during the challenge!