Saturday, June 20, 2009

Spring Reading Thing 2009 Wrap-up

How many books did I read in the last three months? I had really been out of it with my book reading at the beginning of this year so I decided to start the challenge with a VERY conservative list. So without further delay, here are my results...

My original list...

#Turning the Paige by Laura Jensen Walker
#Deceived by James Scott Bell
#She's in a Better Place by Angela Hunt
Last Mango in Texas by Ray Blackston
Kiss by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy
Picket Fence Promises by Kathryn Springer
The Secret by Beverly Lewis
Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes by Robin Jones Gunn
Ghostwriter by Travis Thrasher
Plain Pursuit by Beth Wiseman
Nothing but Trouble by Susan May Warren



In addition to my original list, I also finished these:

My Son, John by Kathi Macias
The Bossy Bridegroom by Mary Connealy
Four Little Blessings by Merrillee Whren
The Cowboy Takes a Bride by Debra Clopton
Bundle of Joy by Robin Lee Hatcher
#Age Before Beauty by Virginia Smith
Eight Little Faces by Kate Gosselin
The Convenient Groom by Denise Hunter
#Shame by Greg Garrett
Play it Again, SAHM by Meredith Efken
Lost in Las Vegas by Melody Carlson
So Not Happening by Jenny B Jones
#The Night Watchman by Mark Mynheir
#Never the Bride by Cheryl McKay/Rene Gutteridge
#Breaking Up is Hard to Do by Anne Dayton/May Vanderbilt




I started out with my original list of eleven, then added fifteen more books that I read during the challenge. I had a few on the original list that I had been waiting on the library to receive their ordered copies, and much to my dismay, the library still hasn't gotten the Susan May Warren book, so I did have to get a copy of that on my own (which I didn't do until Thursday). One thing I figured out about myself during these challenges is that I don't want to let myself down by not getting to all the books on my list.

The books I deemed as some of my favorites are indicated above with a # sign, and I did find a couple of 'new to me' authors whose books I really enjoyed - Mark Mynheir and Greg Garrett.

I am definitely looking forward to participating in the next challenge in the fall. A big thanks to Katrina at Callapidder Days for being such a great hostess.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Wow - great job I haven't read Deceived by James Scott Bell yet, but I usually enjoy his books.

Thanks again for being part of the challenge. Looking forward to "seeing" you in the fall!

Nise' said...

Good job! More books are going on my TBR list.

Mimi N said...

You did a great job, and adding those extra 15...that's just awesome. Some authors on your list I'll have to look into. Thanks for your wrap up.

~Mimi
Woven by Words

Anonymous said...

I didn't finish my list.. Sigh. Maybe in the Fall.