Saturday, June 6, 2009

Faith 'n' Fiction Saturdays: Reader's Choice Awards



It's time once again for Faith 'n' Fiction Saturday with My Friend Amy, and if you'd like to participate, feel free to check out her blog post with this weeks question (as seen below).


The Christian Lit Blogosphere covers quite a diversity of books as the genre itself continues to expand. Quite frankly, I think there need to be more Christian Book Awards and so I'm going to use Faith 'n' Fiction Saturdays to launch some internet based awards for the best in Christian Lit!

I need your help! Today's task is to help me brainstorm the necessary categories. Don't put your nominations down yet...just the categories of awards you'd like to see! (for example, historical fiction, Romantic Suspense, etc.) We can have some and different categories as well... we won't take ourselves too seriously.

I need your help! I really want these awards to mean something, so in addition to your participation today, can you please help spread the word? We want as many people as possible to be involved. So here's what I'm looking for today:

1) Categories you'd like to see
2) If you want to help with behind the scenes organizational stuff.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love comedy in books, so I guess I'd have to suggest something like:

"Best Romantic Comedy"

Hitting on something in Critty Joy's F 'n' F answer to today's question concerning characters, how about these categories:

"Best Leading Character", "Best Supporting Character"...: one male and one female, and it could be a single winner that encompasses all genres, or could be genre specific.

"Character I'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life"...don't think this one needs any explanation.

I know there are a lot of dog lovers who read as well, so I'll swipe this idea from the dog show world...

"Best in Show", which would go to the reader's choice best overall book, hands down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool list! I hadn't thought of the best comedic romance. Neat.

Got my contributions up, also. :)

The Old Silly from Free Spirit Blog

BurtonReview said...

you've got soem great ideas!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE character I would love to meet in real life...what fun :) I can already think of some.

What a great list!