Sunday, June 22, 2008

Spring Reading Thing 2008 Wrap-up



Well folks, June 19th has come and gone, and the end of SRT 2008 with it. So let's see how I did?

Did you finish all the books you had planned to read? If not, why?
Yes, I finished all 20 books on my original list by June 5th as well as 12 bonus books. Between the 5th and 19th I finished 3 more bonus books for a total of 35 books.

Do you think the challenge helped you read more? Or maybe helped you read books you otherwise wouldn't have?
I think having a tangible goal in front of me really helped because I could see my progress and if I felt like I was lagging a bit, I could rearrange my priorities to fit in more reading time. (Much to the detriment of my sleep schedule *grin*) As far as helping me to read books I otherwise wouldn't have, I agree to that as well. I have this habit of getting new books and putting them on my shelf to read, then maybe another book from the library or bookstore would catch my eye and the shelved books would fall by the wayside. I was able to trim a few of those off my shelf.

What was your favorite book you read this spring? Least favorite?
I read so many great books that I can't name just one favorite. I'll *star* some of my favorites on my completed list below. My lease favorite - probably Adam. I don't think I was really in the right mood to read that book so it just didn't really appeal to me in a significant way.

Did you discover any new authors or genres that you now love?
I didn't really discover any new genres because I read many different ones already, but a couple of new authors I found are Sharon K. Souza and Shelley Shepard Gray.

What did you learn about your reading habits or interests?
I guess I found out that if I really want to read, I can find a way to fit it into my schedule. Also, I found myself wanting to read a light, fun read after reading something heavy or intense, or that I sometimes read to fit my mood.

Are you interested in another "Fall Into Reading" challenge this fall?
Absolutely - and thanks to Katrina at Callapidder Days for setting up these challenges. And be sure to check out how others who took part in SRT 2008 did by going here. See you all in September!

Here's my list:

~ Death of a Garage Sale Newbie by Sharon Dunn
~ I Heart Bloomberg by Melody Carlson
*~ She Always Wore Red by Angela Hunt*
~ Lorna by Debra White Smith
~ Mooch by Adam Palmer
~ My Heart Remembers by Kim Vogel Sawyer
~ The Forbidden by Beverly Lewis
~ Tartarus by Jack Cavanaugh
~ Sisterchicks Go Brit by Robin Jones Gunn
*~ Fatal Deduction by Gayle Roper*
~ Adam by Ted Dekker
~ A Sister's Test by Wanda Brunstetter
~ A Season of Forgiveness by Brenda Coulter
~ Darcy's Inheritance by Linda Ford
~ Her Daddy's Eyes by Gary Parker
~ Giving Thanks for Baby by Terri Reed
*~ Every Good and Perfect Gift by Sharon K. Souza*
~ Hide in Plain Sight by Marta Perry
~ A Christmas to Die For by Marta Perry
~ Buried Sins by Marta Perry


~~ ~~ Bonus Books (added after the SRT 2008 began) ~~ ~~

~ Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris
~ My Bat Boy Days: Lessons I Learned from the Boys of Summer by Steve Garvey
~ A Bride So Fair by Carol Cox
~ A Promise for Tomorrow by Sara DuBose
~ A Steal of a Deal by Ginny Aiken
*~ Healing Promises by Amy Wallace*
~ Bella: A Novelization by Lisa Samson
*~ Skid by Rene Gutteridge*
~ Fallen by Matthew Raley
~ Anchored in Love: An Intimate Portrait of June Carter Cash by John Carter Cash
~ A Sister's Hope by Wanda Brunstetter
*~ Hidden by Shelley Shepard Gray*
*~ Dawn's Light by Terri Blackstock*
~ Along Came a Cowboy by Christine Lynxwiler
~ The Sweetgum Knit Lit Society by Beth Pattillo

2 comments:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

35 books? That's fantastic! Great job! Looking forward to seeing you again for the fall challenge.

Rel said...

Well done, Jen :) Hope you are keeping well and fitting in that reading!