Friday, January 16, 2009

The Jury is Still Out...

...and you can be a part of it. Randy Singer has a new book coming out later this year (July) called The Justice Game. It involves a court case that centers around the gun control issue. He is giving his readers the opportunity to render the verdict in the case. All you have to do is head over to his website watch a short video, read the characters opening statements, then decide your vote as if you were a member of the jury. The verdict voted on by the readers will be written into the story line and won't be revealed until the book is released. I can't say as I've ever heard of any author willing to give his audience this much involvement in the outcome of a novel.

In Randy's words, “I wanted to do something different and get my readers really involved in the story. This gives them an opportunity to hear both sides of the national gun debate and gets them thinking. Plus, it adds an element of fun to the book.”

I'll tell you, I watched the video and read those chapters containing the opening statements last night, and I'm still deliberating. I've served on juries before, but the cases involved were much less complex and impacting as this one seems to be. I am really looking forward to see how this collaborative novel by Randy Singer and his readers will turn out. Stay tuned...

No comments: