Saturday, January 24, 2009

Faith 'n Fiction Saturdays: What's on your keeper shelf



It's time once again for Faith 'n Fiction Saturday with My Friend Amy, and if you'd like to participate, feel free to check out her blog post with this weeks question.

One thing we share in common is a love of books. I know there are participants of Faith 'n Fiction Saturdays that read over 200 books a year!
But while we may read a lot of books, only a few books in our lifetimes are special enough that we would never part with them, always recommend them, and maybe even reread them.

So...what fiction books with faith elements are on your keeper shelf? Please keep your answers to no more than 5 books!


I'll start out by saying I'm not much of a re-reader, so the ones on my list are ones that I recommend everyone read. For some reason, the books that I count among my favorites don't necessarily have happy endings, but I find that a book that doesn't seems to speak to me more - I guess since life isn't always about happy endings. So here goes...

1. After Anne by Roxanne Henke

2. The Debt by Angela Hunt

3. Jimmy by Robert Whitlow

7 comments:

Lynn Squire said...

Angela Hunt is good, isn't she. :)

SmilingSally said...

Angela Hunt is my favorite author! Thanks for sharing. Happy F+F Day.

Stormi said...

Have nto read any of those.

Unknown said...

So glad to see that I was not alone with picking a Roxanne Henke book. I loved that entire series...it's on my keeper shelf, too! :o)

Mimi N said...

I'm not a rereader, either. No time. There are so many books out there. I keep my books for "just in case" moments. It's a great way to share new authors. I love Angie!!

~Mimi B

CeeCee said...

I'm not much of a rereader either. I can't keep up with my TBR pile!

Amy said...

I enjoyed After Anne as well!