Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall Into Reading 2008



I've got my list together and am raring to go - will you join me? If you are interested in joining the Fall into Reading Challenge, click here and Katrina of Callapidder Days can fill you in on what to do.

How many books can I read by December 20th? I think I'll start with fewer than I started with on the Spring Reading Thing earlier this year since the election season is upon us. I am somewhat of a political junkie, so I can already see less time to read in my immediate future. Hopefully I'll finish my list and get to add some bonus books in the end! So without further delay, here's my list...

The Longing by Beverly Lewis
Home Another Way by Christa Parrish
The Rook by Steven James
Bon Appetit by Sandra Byrd

Get Cozy, Josey by Susan May Warren
Out of Her Hands by Megan DiMaria

Since it is election season...

America the Beautiful by Laura Hayden
The Election by Jerome Teel
The Candidate by Susan Wales and Robin Shope


Christmas themed books...

let them eat fruitcake by Melody Carlson
Jamaican Me Crazy by Debbie DiGiovanni
An Irish Christmas by Melody Carlson
Engaging Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn
White Christmas Pie by Wanda Brunstetter


Bonus Books...

The Faith of Barack Obama by Stephen Mansfield
Romancing Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson
Goodbye Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson
Mixed Bags by Melody Carlson
Sarah Palin * A New Kind of Leader by Joe Hilley
Plain Perfect by Beth Wiseman
My Mothers Wish by Jerry Camery-Hoggatt
The Paper Bag Christmas by Kevin Alan Milne
Dear Nancy by Nancy Rue
Lucy Doesn't Wear Pink by Nancy Rue
All I Have to Give by Melody Carlson
Liberty Letters: Attack at Pearl Harbor by Nancy LeSourd
Matt Hoover's Guide to Life, Love, and Losing Weight by Matt Hoover
The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck


Stay tuned...

(Bold denotes books that have been read.)

6 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I'm trying this for the first time. I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew/digest/read!

SmilingSally said...

Good morning,
Your list is a long one. I hope we both make it. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll visit again.

Ruth said...

I guess I really need to get my butt in gear and make a list for this one. So far the only thing I have is Recovering Charles by Jason Wright. I'm about halfway through and it's an awesome story of hope and recovery in post-Katrina New Orleans.

Nise' said...

Great list. I have the Josey series on my TBR list.

Anonymous said...

Great list. I just finished Bon Appetit. Let me know what you think. =]

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Looks great! I like that you have themes that go along with what's going on in life. :) Thanks for being part of Fall Into Reading '08!