Thursday, June 23, 2011

Spring Reading Thing Wrap Up



I was hoping that by participating the Spring Reading Thing that I could really get going on my reading this year, since I'd had such an abysmal start to 2011. I guess I did pretty well since I only left two books unread, but didn't get to clear any off of my shelf.

I'd broken down my list into parts similar to the way I did in the Fall into Reading 2010 Challenge, and I include them below with a few additions. The books I completed are in bold print.

I didn't dislike a single book...and put an "*" by the ones I particularly enjoyed.

Review Books:

1. False Pretenses by Kathy Herman
2. Faithful by Kim Cash Tate
3. Deadly Ties by Vicki Hinze
4. Voyage with the Vikings by Paul McCusker & Marianne Hering
5. Attack at the Arena by Paul McCusker & Marianne Hering
6. Abigail's New Hope by Mary Ellis
*7. He Said, She Said by Cindy Sproles & Eddie Jones
8. The Fine Art of Insincerity by Angela Hunt


Added:
9. She Makes It Look Easy by Marybeth Whalen
10. Over the Edge by Brandilyn Collins
*11. Undaunted Faith by Andrea Boeshaar


Too Good to Pass Up (Recent releases by some of my favorite authors):

*1. Lie Down in Green Pastures by Debbie Viguie
*2. Unexpected Love by Andrea Boeshaar
*3. The Judgment by Beverly Lewis
4. Glamour by Melody Carlson
5. The Journey by Wanda Brunstetter

6. Beside Still Waters by Tricia Goyer

Added:
7. Katy's Decision by Kim Vogel Sawyer

Finally off the Shelf (Books that I clean off my shelf during the challenge):

1.
2.
3.

Non-fiction:

1. 31 Days to a Younger You by Arlene Pellicane
*2. Plain Wisdom by Cindy Woodsmall & Miriam Flaud
3. Growing Up Amish by Anna Dee Olson
4. Should We Use Someone Else's Sermon by Scott M Gibson


Throwing in some books that I pre-read for my oldest daughter:

*1. No Place Like Holmes by Jason Lethcoe
2. How to Ruin Your Life: and Other Lessons You Don't Learn in School by Carolyn McTighe


I'm sure I'll be signing up to participate in the fall reading challenge hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days, but until then I hope you all have a fantastic summer!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Every challenge I add books that I need to get read out of my basket. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There's just so many good books to get to. :v)

You did a great job reading, though. And now I can add some more from your list to my want to read list.