Thursday, March 20, 2008

News from Siri Mitchell


From Siri Mitchell's newsletter:

"Many readers have been asking ‘what are you working on now?’ and ‘when is your next book coming out?’. I’m thrilled to announce that Bethany House Publishers will be releasing my next book, A Constant Heart, in October 2008. As you can probably tell from the cover, this will mark a change in era from my recent chick-lit, but the tone and style of this story will be familiar. Those of you who especially loved Chateau of Echoes will find much to like about this story of love and treachery set in the court of Queen Elizabeth I…and this book’s hero is my most romantic since Adrien in Kissing Adrien! Here’s some teaser information:



In a time and place where the only luxury forbidden was love, how can two hearts find each other?


'Trust was a valuable commodity at court. Traded by everyone, but
possessed by no one. Its rarity was surpassed only by love. Love implied
commitment and how could any of us commit ourselves to any but the
Queen? Love implied singularity and how could any of us benefit another
if our affections were bound to one in exclusivity? Love was never
looked for and rarely found. When it was, it always ended badly.'


In Queen Elizabeth’s court where men and women willingly trade virtue for power, is it possible for Marget to obtain her heart’s desire or is the promise of love only an illusion?


I can’t wait for you to read it!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that cover. *g*

Jenny said...

Me, too! It's funny though, my hubby was looking over my shoulder when I was reading Siri's newsletter and he says "What is that guy's hand doing on...oh, that's her hand!" He had to do a double take! *grin*

Anonymous said...

*lol*