Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Sister's Hope by Wanda Brunstetter


About A Sister's Hope:

Lose yourself in Holmes County, where romance, suspense, mystery, and faith-filled Amish ways rule the day! Martha Hostettler is concerned about the continuous attacks being made on her Amish family. With a definite motive and a myriad of methods, Luke Friesen looks like the culprit. Determined to clear his name, Martha decides to play detective. What will the search for truth cost her?





About Wanda Brunstetter:

Fascinated by the Amish people during the years of visiting her husband's family in Pennsylvania, WANDA E. BRUNSTETTER combined her interest with her writing and now has eleven novels about the Amish in print, along with numerous other stories and ministry booklets. She lives in Washington State, where her husband is a pastor, but takes every opportunity to visit Amish settlements throughout the states.




My thoughts:

A little over a month ago I read A Sister's Test, the second book in the Sisters of Holmes County series by Wanda Brunstetter, and after finishing it I was so disappointed that I would have to wait until July to find out what other sinister occurences would happen in the lives of the Hostettler family and to figure out who was responsible for all these dastardly deeds. Well, thanks to Danielle at Glass Road Public Relations, my wait is over. She graciously sent me a copy of A Sister's Hope a few weeks ago and I've finally gotten a chance to read it.

Wanda Brunstetter has done an excellent job in this series planting doubt in reader's minds on who has been heaping misfortune on the Hostettler family. As I read this final book I waffled back and forth between a few of the characters, changing my mind every few pages on who I thought the guilty party would be. In the end I found myself relieved that it wasn't who I thought it was. I was satisfied that all the great story lines were tied up nicely at the books conclusion, but also saddened because this means I have to say goodbye to a bunch of great characters. If you consider yourself a fan of Amish fiction, get a hold of this series, you won't be disappointed.

No comments: