Tuesday, February 5, 2008

An Upcoming Legal Thriller by Randy Singer

Randy Singer has another legal thriller headed our way in May. I've read a number of his books and they are definitely worth getting your hands on.




About By Reason of Insanity:

A series of unsolved murders.
A woman who knows too much.
A lawyer in over his head.
Sometimes, insanity is the only way out.


The whole world hates the insanity plea.

Quinn Newberg is a high-priced Las Vegas attorney who specializes in the insanity defense. His latest client is Catherine O'Rourke, a Virginia Beach reporter accused of being the serial killer dubbed the Avenger of Blood.

Catherine maintains her innocence, but even she can't explain the evidence that's mounting against her. Most disturbing are the details of the crimes that Catherine shared with detectives prior to her arrest, details no one but the killer could know. She claims to have witnessed the murders in her dreams and shared them only to aid the investigation.

Quinn believes in justice, Vegas style, a little showmanship goes a long way with juries. He also believes in his client. But he doesn't believe Catherine's dreams are anything other than the result of a fractured personality disorder, triggered by a traumatic event from her past.

Though he knows that insanity cases are unpredictable, nothing has prepared Quinn for this. To win, or even survive, he'll need more than his famed legal maneuvering and biting skepticism.

On this case, he'll need a miracle.

5 comments:

Amy said...

fantastic, I just love his books. I recommend them all the time, lol!

Stephen Dean said...

Thanks for posting about this one. I wasn't aware of it. I'm hooked already!

Todd Michael Greene
Straitjacket Chillers:
Get Strapped In . . .
Contributing Editor, Fear & Trembling
online magazine
http://anewnovelistsjourney.blogspot.com
http://messagesfromtheasylum.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

I love his books, too, Amy!

You're welcome, Todd. I actually just found out about it yesterday while scoping through amazon.

Debbie said...

Hi Jenny,

I'm handling publicity for Randy's upcoming book--it's a wild ride! If you'd be interested in receiving an advance reader copy for review consideration, please contact me through my web site at: www.sidedoorcom.net

Thanks! Debbie

Ruth said...

This looks like a great read. Being new to the legal thriller genre, I've not read many authors other than Grisham. I'll definitely be checking this author out.

One author that I did find I really enjoy is James Ross. His new book, Lifetime Loser is a great read... kept me hooked right to the last page, and that's not always easy to do.