Monday, November 26, 2007

For Parents Only by Shaunti Feldhahn and Lisa A. Rice


As a parent, do you find yourself asking the following questions? If so, have I got a book for you!

What do moms need to understand about the “tough and tender” boy who values respect over love?

What do dads need to understand about their daughter’s need for affirmation?

What are the six biggest pet peeves teens have about their parents?


For Parents Only is an excellent resource you'll want to keep and read over and over again. It contains such great insight from teenagers themselves on what they want and need from parents.

I have a 7 year old daughter (and a 16 month old as well), and the information in this book really opened my eyes to the things I need improvement on as a parent. For Parents Only, to me, is a "handbook" of encouragement to give hope to parents that may feel as I do, and an affirmation to the many parents out there that they are on the right track in raising their children to be Godly men and women.


Shaunti Feldhahn is the author of For Women Only and numerous other books, with sales totaling nearly one million copies. A nationally syndicated newspaper columnist and public speaker, Feldhahn earned her master’s degree at Harvard University. She and her husband, Jeff, have two young children.

Lisa A. Rice is the associate editor of Christian Living magazine, the mother of two teenage girls, and a screenwriter and producer.



A big thank you to Multnomah Publishers for being gracious enough to send two copies for me to give away. Please leave a comment on something your child(ren) did today that made you smile. Don't forget to include your email address is this format (you at yoohoo dot com) and I'll draw winners around noon central time on Monday, December 3rd.

5 comments:

windycindy said...

Hello, If no one else want to comment, then I will. Please count me in.....Thanks,Cind
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Jenny said...

Congrats Cindi - I've emailed you with a request for your snail mail.

Julie said...

I like your reviews, and I'm always up for a free book, these both look like good ones

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Thanks for stopping by Julie - and if you email me at eviesmommo at yahoo dot com with your snail mail, I'll see that you get a copy of "For Parents Only".